I am thankful for modern medicine.
I, however, still cannot pronounce that word! Tomorrow we will mark week #2 with my sister’s chemo and radiation and so far so GREAT. My sister looks amazing and she really isn’t slowing down much at all. Her blood work always comes back phenomenally well so I am very, very hopeful!
My sister was diagnosed with stage 2 gastroesophageal junction (GEJ) cancer. Current treatment is chemo and radiation with surgery to follow. Fingers, eyes, and toes all crossed that all of those treatments and surgeries do their thing!
I am thankful to be able to care for my sister as she travels this wretched journey. Of course, as all of you know, it’s all about the laughter for me. Keeping it upbeat and always on that positive note!
I don’t know if this is true but it sure helps!
I am thankful for travel mugs because hospital coffee is HIDEOUS!
I think Dan makes the coffee up at the hospital!
I am thankful for my faith in God, His Son, Jesus Christ and our Beloved Mother Mary. For family to pick up the ball of laughter when I have dropped it and for my beautiful, thoughtful, always so unselfish friend, Miranda, whose love and giving knows no depth.
Without these blessings in my life, I would surely be lost.
I am thankful for all of you out there in the big wide world of all things blogging. Thank you for reading and listening and following along even when I have lost my umph for blogging.
Mimi’s quote for the day –
Apparently, it’s going to be another “recap” “Bujo” post soooo here goes!
- Woke up with the theme song from “Friends” bouncing around my head. Crazy because I remember no dreams having to do with “Friends” the t.v. show, the song, the cast of “Friends” or my real life friends.
In any event, I hope this earworm wiggles it’s way out of my head pronto!
- Father’s Day has come and gone and for those of you who were fortunate enough to celebrate with your dads, I hope it was a day of making wonderful memories.
To those of you, like me, who have fathers that have passed on, I hope it was a day to recall wonderful memories.
It’s always a tough day for me. A little bit sad, a little bit jealous and a whole lot of wishing for just a little more time…
- I’ve been on a crochet kick lately. Mainly for the new grand-Diva on the way. Baby blankets, booties, hats but I’ve got some scarves going for the trees downtown for the homeless when the weather turns. One day I’ll post all of the little projects I’ve been working on. Today is not that day.
I’m just too lazy to gather it all together and take pics.
- We have new neighbors upstairs.
- We have new neighbors next door.
- We have new neighbors two doors down.
That’s a blog for another day.
- Still trying to organize my blogging. Figuring out the days to visit and read, and the days to post. This is somewhat challenging and I know I’m not alone with this.
If there’s an easy fix please fill me in. Thanks.
- Our weather is much like everyone else’s I suspect.
- A happy little reminder tho…
What’s happening with all of you? Big plans for the 4th of July?
After a bbq or two, I’ll be at home snuggling my pup so she, along with every other dog in the neighborhood, doesn’t go nutso.
My dog haaaattttteees fireworks, actually she’s not a fan of loud noises in general and of course. the 4th is the worst day/night for that.
I wonder if fireworks affect other animals like they do dogs.
I hope you’re staying cool wherever you are and whatever you’re doing. And I hope those storms aren’t wreaking havoc in your neck of the woods. It’s just heat and wildfires for us so the norm. I suspect I will never enjoy sitting next to a campfire ever again not after all these years of fire, fire everywhere!
Be well my friends! Stay cool and stay safe!
And don’t forget our furry friends!
Mimi’s quote for the day –