Ugh. There is nothing special about being wide awake at 3am.
MY “SPECIAL” MORNING
- Laundry because apparently, this an everyday thing in our house.
I remember my mom had one day a week that she did laundry on. I don’t know how she did it with a husband and 7 children but we always had clean clothes.
Maybe we just had more clothes.
- Coffee, coffee, and more coffee!!
- Listening to my dog snore.
- Listening to the news.
- Watering plants.
- Fixing breakfast.
- Texting with my little sister who got my message from last night in the wee hours of this morning. I swear she lives in the witness protection program.
- Social media. Facebook, Instagram, blogging.
I know. Be jealous.
(That up there was the start of my Tuesday post that I never got around to finishing.)
So. Happy Wednesday!
I hope you’re all happy and enjoying the midweek, if not, well, the weekend is just around the corner!
So, on Monday I did a poll regarding your sources for “reliable” news.
The survey showed that most of you rely on “other” sources rather than the mainstream sources. Of course, now, my question to that is, what is the “other” source?
It was interesting to see that almost none of you relied on social media as a source and that’s where I found the “news article” that sparked my curiosity regarding detention centers, which, for the record, scare the hell outta’ me.
It’s like a never-ending vicious cycle isn’t it?? I just want the truth.
You’re probably right Jack…
IN OTHER NEWS –
I’m making progress on my baby quilt. Not as much as I’d like, you know, because of that thing called life… Right now I’m in the arrangement stage of the quilt top. The back will just be pink terry cloth.
There is no method to my madness just whatever I think goes where. One day I’ll follow a quilt pattern – maybe.
This is a combo scrappy and string quilt. I just used pieces of fabric from my stash.
I really am trying to deplete the totes of fabric and yarn that I have.
Said no sewing/crochet/knitting person ever.
It’s going to be near 90 degrees today so maybe I’ll finish my quilt and a couple of other projects because the chances of me being outside today are zero.
Wherever you are, whatever you’re doing, embrace the day! Unless it’s a shitty day then just have a good cry, a good beer, a good glass of wine, a bubble bath, a hot shower, a bottle of vodka. Whatever works.
MIMI’S THOUGHT FOR THE DAY –
Nooooooooo. Not that kind!
Gilly, Molly, Bijoux –
I am so sorry for your missed comments!
Interestingly enough they went into the spam folder in between…
1.) “Hot Asian” chicks
– (No. Me no love you long time!)
2.) “Hot Russian” chicks – (Nit!)
3.) One good ‘ol U-S-of-A chick that wants to know if I like her “delicious” tits.
– (Yeah no. I rock the pole, not the hole.)
And last but not least because spam does not discriminate between the males and females…
4.) Some guy who will masturbate on the webcam for me.
– (Seriously? You can get that for free and in person at the local porn shop.)
So, whilst keeping an extremely watchful eye on the gloopy poop pup for the past couple of days I’ve been sorting thru my WordPress and Gmail accounts and let me just say, I should probably keep a watchful eye on all 3!
Note to self – Some people, judging only from my emails and spam, mostly Russians and Asians, have waaaaay too much time on their hands.
Also – Senior dogs and bacon do not go well together.
NO! You cannot!!
It’s Monday and I have no idea where the weekend went. It’s just a blur to me!
I know I did a shit ton of laundry and carpet cleaning.
I think I did some writing, some reading, some crocheting, and some quilting.
Oh. We got new neighbors upstairs and next door. So far so good. A couple moved in upstairs and they’re relatively quiet and the ones next door are African refugees, a mom, and some kids. They don’t speak English so I’m pretty sure our neighborly interactions upstairs and next door will consist of hellos and head nods.
Sounds perfect… Unless they decide to “borrow” my patio chairs…
Okay, your turn!
Share your top 3 spam-a-licious spam comments.
I know you’ve got ’em.
MIMI’S THOUGHT FOR THE DAY –
This Spam(alot)? Super cool.
Time – 8:55pm
Temp – 79 degrees F – A nice n’ sunny day.
Mood – Pissy
Bitch, bitch, bitch – When you have the air conditioner on all day and it gives you that fake cold with a stuffy nose and scratchy throat.
Best thing – Honey drops to soothe my throat.
It’s Sunday so it’s time for some ‘Sunday Stealing!’
This is one of my favorite sites on the world wide web. It’s a lot of fun and I really need to do these more often and so should you!
Click on the link to play along!
SUNDAY STEALING – TMI TUESDAY
(Originally posted on a Tuesday somewhere in the abyss of all things defunct blogs.)
1. You can flip a switch that will wipe any band or musical artist out of existence. Which one will it be?
This guy is an asshole. I don’t really care which direction he’s headed as long as it’s out of the media. So not a fan of this jerk or the Kar-trash-ians he hooked up with.
2. You seem to be having an excellent day because you just came across a hundred-dollar bill on the sidewalk. Holy crap, a hundred bucks! How are you gonna spend it?
3. What is your favorite curse word?
Seriously? Have you read my blog?
4. You can travel any time in the PAST. What time are you traveling to and what are you going to do when you get there?
5. You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What’s it gonna be?
6. When did you last use your cell phone as a flashlight?
Omgosh. I’d be so lost without it! – Last night, every night!
It doesn’t help that I can do cool shit like this with it.
7. On a scale from 1-10, how comfy are you being naked?
10+ I don’t like clothes, socks, or shoes.
8. When did you last use food or drink to enhance your mood?
This morning… I like to feel magical.
Followed by an evening of fun-filled rainbow pooping!
9. Give us a word that gets you excited.
10. Now give us one that makes you squirm.
See if you can find it in the meme.
11. What word makes you smile?
Thanks to Bev at ‘Sunday Stealing‘ for the fun post!
I really do enjoy these.
Totally broke my blogging streak yesterday.
Computer issues but I’m back today! Go me!
Woke up to snow this morning! Heavy wet snow. Fortunately, it won’t last because the ground is too warm now and look at next weekend!
Is anybody doing or have you done, anything thrilling and spine-chilling this weekend?? I’ll be sewing quilt tops today and watching creepy crime shows. I know. I’m living on the edge. Holy smokes. I hope the cops don’t get called!
Well, here’s to an amazing week ahead! Be well, my friends!
MIMI’S QUOTE FOR THE DAY –
Me too Janis, me too…